External Examiner Vacancy for Postgraduate Programmes
The Faculty of Education at Liverpool Hope University is seeking a new External Examiner to oversee the taught-postgraduate (PGT) programmes in this faculty. The appointment should begin in the 2019-20 academic year (starting in September 2019) and will typically last for four years.
The PGT provision comprises a number of specialist programmes offered by various departments in the faculty including Education Studies, Early Childhood, Disability and Education and Initial Teacher Education. Further details of the suite of programmes offered by the faculty can be found here…
For further details please contact or to apply please send a CV to both:
- Dr Namrata Rao, email@example.com 0151 291 2118 –Coordinator for Postgraduate Programmes, Faculty of Education
- Dr Cathal O’Siochru, firstname.lastname@example.org 0151 291 3254– Assessment Coordinator for Postgraduate Programmes, Faculty of Education.
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience;
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the course/s and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations;
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report;
- Engage in communication with the academic and course team in relation to quality assurance processes such as reviewing coursework title etc.
Previous experience as an External Examiner, particularly although not exclusively in relation to postgraduate provision, in addition to a background in one or more of the disciplines in Education and education related subjects would be seen as desirable qualities in any applicant.
Closing date for expression of interest – 4th January 2019
Downloadable version: External Examiner Advert