The Archbishop Desmond Tutu Centre for War and Peace Studies and the Centre for Education and Policy Analysis (CEPA) invite abstract submissions for the Peace, Conflict & Pedagogy conference, taking place at Liverpool Hope on 2nd July 2019.
Abstract deadline: 1st April 2019.
The aim of this year’s conference is to explore the myriad ways that notions of peace have or have not been incorporated into educational practices in a variety of contexts and institutions, and the ways in which these practices may reproduce conflict dynamics or foster peace.
To that aim, we are calling for papers on all the dimensions of education and peace including
- Institutional design and reform
- Peace and reconciliation in the curriculum (teaching and learning)
- Research, collaboration and social impact
- Inclusiveness, plurality and difference in the classroom
- How peace, truth, justice and reconciliation has been and may be promoted through academia or educational practices
Further details available here.